The master plan sets the context for existing development and proposed the base for the proposed design and layout and aspirations for the site. The masterplan also set out a list of objectives which new development should meet, as listed below:
• To meet the needs of the town, whilst respecting and enhancing the site’s environmental assets.
• To build upon and appropriately integrate with the existing infrastructure and facilities within Hadleigh and provide suitable access and transport connections.
• To respect the existing character of the site while creating new distinctive places.
• To successfully ensure high levels of connectivity and permeability throughout the site and maximise opportunities for sustainable modes of transport.
• To deliver new family homes on the settlement edge of Hadleigh which provides for an appropriate transition between Hadleigh and the rural landscape beyond.
• To provide a range of house types and tenures to meet local needs and create attractive, landscape-led development with high-quality open spaces and recreational routes
• Engagement with all stakeholders and promoting a new residential area which complements the existing residential area of Weavers Meadow.